Connect with us

CELEBRITIES

How Toyin Aimakhu allegedly covered Seun Egbegbe up after committing $3000 fraud in Ibadan

Published

on

As the dust raised by Toyin Aimakhu’s ex-boyfriend, Seun Egbegbe’s iPhone theft saga is yet to settle, fresh reports have emerged that the filmmaker also committed another $3,000 fraud at a MultiChoice outlet in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.

A dealer, Semiu, explained how he met Egbegbe briefly on December 9 at a MultiChoice outlet opened by the latter two days earlier at Uncle Joe Bus Stop, Mokola area of the state capital.

Speaking with Sahara Reporters, Semiu said Egbegbe walked into his outlet requesting to buy two GOtv decoders, noting that he was expecting a friend of his to bring money with which he would pay for the decoders.

“Another man arrived wearing jellabiya, (the long robe favored by Muslim men) and gave Egbegbe some money. After handing over the cash, the man in jellabiya left.

“Egbegbe stepped out of the shop and waited outside, where I was shielded from view by a glass door.”

Semiu said he found Egbegbe standing outside and sought to know what was going on.

“Egbegbe, who kept impersonating a prospective customer then pointed to a man waiting downstairs, signaling that he was the one that would provide information required for the activation of the decoders. Though he was speaking, his voice was drowned out by music from the loud speakers hired to create awareness for the outlet.

“That was the beginning of trouble. When the Hausa man got upstairs, he told me that Egbegbe had taken $3,000 from him and I could not make any connection. I considered it a joke initially, but later realized that the second guy was a Hausa man, who had innocently transacted business with the pretended customer on the assumption that he owned the MultiChoice outlet.

”The Hausa man told me that Egbegbe had phoned him from a Fidelity Bank branch opposite the MultiChoice outlet, claiming to own that place and requesting to change naira to dollars. Apparently, Egbegbe had failed to give the forex trader the naira equivalent of the money he took from him, with currency trader lured into a false sense of security that Egbegbe owned the dealership and could always find him there.

“When the currency trader realized that the man he transacted business with was not the owner, he raised the alarm. Before I knew what was happening, I was surrounded by over 20 Hausa men and dragged to Sabo, the hub of forex trading in Ibadan.

“I was beaten for about 45 minutes and was about to be killed before a policeman from State Investigation Bureau, SIB, named Samson, intervened and ordered us to move to Oyo State Police Command Headquarters at Eleyele.

“I kept telling them that I knew nothing about the money and that they should not kill me because of $3,000 (N750,000). After about 30 minutes of beating, I was handcuffed and taken to my office and to my house. My wife and four-year-old daughter saw me in handcuffs. They searched my house and found nothing.

“I was detained and I kept requesting that I be charged to court because I suspected that there was a plot to make me face criminal charges and have me remanded in prison.

“Shortly after, I saw actress Toyin Aimakhu with a man that was being wildly cheered by policemen. I took a closer look and discovered that the man being cheered by the policemen was the person that came to my office requesting to buy GOtv decoders and eventually took $3,000 from the currency trader.

“On the said day, Seun Egbegbe and Toyin Aimaku came to release Aimakhu’s Range Rover that he (Seun) gave her which the police impounded from her driver earlier that day and fortunately I saw and recognized Seun Egbegbe as someone who collected $3000 from the BDC vendor.

“I was confused. I then told one of the officers that the man in front of them was the one who collected the $3,000. The officer asked if I knew the person I was pointing at. I said I was sure he was the one. The officer said he is Seun Egbegbe, a socialite.

“I kept insisting he was the one who came to my shop. Egbegbe was then arrested by an IPO after initial hesitation by police and confessed that he was the one that did it.

“But his actress girlfriend, Toyin Aimakhu, told the police that she was ready to offer them (the police) any amount to bury the case because she doesn’t want a scandal.

“I wanted to press charges against Seun Egbegbe but the police colluded with Aimakhu and threatened I and my co-victim with harm. Some officers were opposed to my arrest, but the IPO insisted on arresting him, and he was arrested.

“He confessed to the crime and promised to refund the Hausa currency trader. The actress slumped in shock. I was invited back to AKS on January 18, 2016, for apology and compensation, but nothing was done,” Semiu stated.

Meanwhile, the filmmaker is yet to respond to the allegation. All efforts to reach him were abortive, apparently because he has left Nigeria for Malaysia.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

CELEBRITIES

Madonna reveals the on-stage moment that almost killed her career

Published

on

Pop diva Madonna may have one of the most impressive careers in music history, but the “Vogue” singer revealed that a wardrobe malfunction three decades ago nearly ended her career.

The 63-year-old shared the cheeky mishap during an appearance on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” on Wednesday, decked out with a mouthful of “birthday grills” in true Madonna fashion.

The star joined Fallon to promote her new album “Finally Enough Love”, a curation of the singer’s favorite dance hits.

While the album celebrates Madonna’s record number of top songs, the star revealed her iconic “Like a Virgin” performance during the first-ever MTV Video Music Awards in 1984 nearly got her canceled.

When the then 26-year-old descended onto the MTV stage to perform the hit song, her stiletto slipped from underneath her, resulting in the singer diving to catch it– accidentally flipping her dress and exposing her behind in the process.

“Those were the days when you shouldn’t show your butt to have a career,” the star joked. “Now it’s the opposite.”

Madonna recalled her reps backstage deemed her career “over with” after the accidental flashing,

“It wasn’t even the whole butt! It was like a butt cheek– like half of a butt cheek,” Madonna argued to the audience.

Fallon also reminded audiences that “Like a Virgin” was never supposed to be the record’s single, given that producer Nile Rodgers wanted it to be “Material Girl”.

“Those were the days when I had no say in anything,” the Grammy-winner reflected. “Can you imagine those days even existing?”

Despite her old reps’ fears, Madonna’s career was far from over following the accidental on-stage flashing. Her new album, celebrating her 50 #1 hits on the Billboard singles charts, was released earlier this summer, with a CD and vinyl version coming on Aug. 19.

Continue Reading

CELEBRITIES

A$AP Rocky sued for assault, battery by ex ‘mob mate’ A$AP Relli who claims rapper fired ‘shots’ at him

Published

on

A$AP Rocky was slapped with a civil lawsuit by his former friend and “mob mate” A$AP Relli, who is accusing the rapper of shooting him.

The allegation comes just months after the “Praise the Lord” hitmaker, 33, was arrested and taken into custody for his alleged involvement in a Nov. 6 2021 shooting.

In April, A$AP Rocky, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, was handcuffed and charged with assault with a deadly weapon after touching down in Los Angeles after his vacation with girlfriend Rihanna.

In the latest development of the case, A$AP Relli, whose real name is Terell Ephron, claims he was the victim of said shooting.

His lawyers told Rolling Stone he will sue the rapper in a civil court for causing “irreparable harm to his career in the entertainment industry” as a result of the altercation.

Relli’s lawyers claim Rocky arrived with a semi-automatic handgun.

After arriving at the location, a conversation ensued whereby without provocation, warning, or any justification, A$AP Rocky produced the handgun and intentionally fired multiple shots at Mr. Ephron,” Relli’s legal team told the outlet.

In April, LAPD said an argument between “two acquaintances” escalated, resulting in the suspect firing a handgun at the victim.

The suspect, who cops later identified as the “Fashion Killa” rapper, allegedly fled the scene on foot with two other men.

The Post reached out to A$AP Rocky’s reps for comment.

Rocky previously found himself in legal hot water in 2019 when he was arrested and jailed in Sweden for a month for his involvement in a street fight with alleged “drug addicts.”

Continue Reading

CELEBRITIES

Kim Kardashian ‘very sad’ about Pete Davidson breakup: It’s ‘been hard’

Published

on

Kim Kardashian has the breakup blues.

The reality star is “very sad” about her split from Pete Davidson last week, a source tells Page Six exclusively.

Our insider says it’s “been hard” for Kardashian, 41, who dated Davidson, 28, for nine months.

We’re told “distance and schedules” contributed to the pair’s decision to call it quits, but they still “love and respect” each other.

The “Kardashians” star will always care for the “Saturday Night Live” alum and “have his back,” our source shares.

Another insider previously told us that although both parties are “bummed” their romance didn’t go the distance, they’re not terribly shocked.

“Pete knew it wasn’t going to work,” the second source said. “He’d been saying it for a while — and Kim knew it, too.”

A third insider told us that the duo’s age difference played a role in why they parted ways.

With 13 years between them, the third source explained that they are “just in very different places at the moment.”

Davidson has been spending much of his summer working on a movie in Australia, while Kardashian is juggling her businesses and co-parenting her four young children with ex-husband Kanye West in Los Angeles.

Now, the beauty mogul has the added stress of dealing with West’s latest social media antics.

On Monday morning, three days after the news of Kete’s split broke, the “Gold Digger” rapper, 45, posted an image on Instagram of a doctored New York Times front-page article with the headline, “SKETE DAVIDSON DEAD AT AGE 28.”

It wasn’t the first time West — who dubbed Davidson “Skete” during their one-sided feud earlier this year — invoked the comedian’s death, leaving Kardashian “livid.”

“Kanye is back to his old ways, and Kim will not tolerate his bullying behavior toward the people she loves and cares about,” an insider told us, adding that the petty move only reinforces “why there will never be a chance of reconciliation” between the former couple, who became legally single in March.

Another source shared with us that Kardashian asked West to delete the post several times before he finally did Monday afternoon.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Advertisement

Trending