Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
Our commitment and your drive will meet and help unlock your own potential and push forward Shell’s continuous innovation. We look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of our operations: our global pool of experts and the fact that our employees can tap into that diverse pool of expertise will help our commitment to supply Nigeria and beyond with our oil products.
The company’s operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 30,000 square kilometres.
Senior Compliance Supervisor, Lifting & Hoisting
• Manage the implementation of Shell Companies in Nigeria’s Lifting and Hoisting Control Documents and Health Safety Security Environment & Social Performance (HSSE&SP) Control Framework requirements to ensure Shell Nigeria derives the benefits from the global standard in running their lifting & hoisting operations, both onshore and offshore.
• Develop work instructions and guidelines (where required) for safe and efficient execution of Lifting & hoisting activities in Shell Nigeria
• Drive compliance program for implementation of standards, rules and regulations relating to Lifting & Hoisting operations both in Primary & Secondary Logistics in Shell Nigeria.
• Develop and implement strategy for compliance monitoring and carry out periodic audits of Major Project Sites, Land Rig sites, Logistics bases etc accross onshore and offshore activities, to verify that Lifting & Hoisting operations are carried out in line with established standards, guidelines and practices.
• Organize awareness campaigns and workshops to continually educate stakeholders on zero tolerance for non-compliance to Lifting & Hoisting standards.
• Monitor Health Safety Environment (HSE) performance in the business to ensure zero lifting and hoisting fatalities and Lost Time Injuries (LTIs).
• Provide expert advice for lifting & hoisting equipment operation and maintenance to ensure total reliability of such assets used by Shell Nigeria.
• Manage all Lifting and hoisting operations across major projects (onshore and offshore) and Well Engineering by providing professional leadership in these aspects of the business.
• Liaise with the Discipline Lead/Authorized Subject Matter Expert (ASME) to manage training programmes and manage the competence of all lifting and hoisting personnel in the Production, Project teams and Well Engineering.
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Sciences or Related disciplines
- A minimum of 7years experience in Logistics Business in Exploration & Production (E&P) with a minimum of 4 years in Lifting & Hoisting operations.
- Proficiency certifications from:
- Lifting Equipment Engineers Association (LEEA) or their equivalent
- Lifting Organizations and Lifting Equipment Regulation (LOLER) competent person training
- Management Of Lifting Operations (BS7121 – Appointed Person) Certification
- International Association of Drilling Contractors (IADC) certification on Safe use of Lifting equipment
- Offshore Petroleum Industry Training Organization (OPITO) level III rigger certification will be an advantage.
- Excellent Health Safety Environment (HSE) Leadership skills
- Good technical knowledge on hydraulic systems, wire ropes, rigging operations, container specifications and handling.
- Pre & post tender contract management skills
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should click here to apply
These are the top companies to work for in the UK in 2022, according to Glassdoor
Software company ServiceNow has been named as the best place to work in the U.K. in 2022, according to Glassdoor’s annual employer rankings.
ServiceNow entered the U.K. rankings for the first time this year, with employees highlighting the company’s strengths in its workplace culture, career opportunities and training, in anonymous reviews left on Glassdoor.
California-based ServiceNow is headed up by Bill McDermott, the former CEO of software solutions firm SAP.
McDermott noted that the “employee experience is really everything” amid the return to work, speaking on CNBC’s “TechCheck” in August, on the back of ServiceNow’s acquisition of indoor mapping and wayfinding company Mapwize.
“There’s a war for talent out there … the companies that are early adopters to these technologies [will] win and the one’s that don’t will lose a lot of people,” McDermott said.
Global jobs website Glassdoor compiled the rankings by looking at companies that had received at least 30 ratings across nine attributes, including an overall score from an employee, as well as factors such as work-life balance, compensation and benefits, and whether staff would recommend their employer to a friend.
I.T. consultancy AND Digital came in second place on Glassdoor’s 2022 list and was also a newcomer in the rankings.
Jill Cotton, career trends analyst at Glassdoor, told CNBC via email that this year’s rankings had seen a number of new entrants partly because the coronavirus pandemic had “turned the business world upside down but this gave companies the opportunity to embrace change, rip up the corporate rulebook and put their people first.”
Cloud-based software firm Salesforce, which topped the rankings last year, dropped down to third place on the 2022 list.
Cotton said that technology companies dominated the rankings because they were “well-equipped to adapt during the pandemic.”
In addition, she said that the pandemic had forced many businesses to speed up their adoption of technology.
“This growing importance means that now all businesses need to be a tech company of sorts,” Cotton added.
Immediate Media Company, a special interest content and platform company, and Abcam, a supplier of protein research tools, rounded out the top five companies on Glassdoor’s list. Here’s the full rundown of the U.K.’s best employers.
The U.K.’s top 10 employers for 2022
Immediate Media Company
McKinsey & Company
The top 5 most in demand tech-jobs in 2022
WITH the high unemployment rate in Mzansi, if you are looking to study further you will need to weigh your options when you choose your career path.
If you will be starting with your studies, it’s important to know if you will be employable or will be able to use your skills to make an income for yourself.
It’s no secret that a lot is changing as technology advances and the world is transforming. So if you are looking to be employable this is the industry to get in to.
According to IOL Riaz Moola, CEO at HyperionDev, with the rapid digitisation of almost all aspects of our lives, tech-based careers offer the students of today lucrative opportunities for tomorrow.
According to Moola, these are the top 5 most in-demand tech careers in 2022.
1. Java developer – average annual salary according to Payscale: R375 315.
A Java developer uses the Java language to create high-functioning web applications, software and programmes.
2. Software engineer
Software engineers are generalised developers, making all kinds of software suitable to the business’s needs. Some of the responsibilities of a software engineer are to analyse user requirements, write and test code, refine and rewrite it as necessary, and communicate with any programmers involved in the project.
3. Data scientist/data engineer
“Data is the internet’s new gold rush, which is why companies want to understand their core data and key customer insights to unlock more efficient systems and bigger profits,” says Moola.
“Data scientists and data engineers are the answer to that better business.”
4. Enterprise architect
The career of an enterprise architect is one of the best tech jobs in the world because it combines staggeringly high pay and substantial job opportunities and security.
5. Full-stack web developer
Full-stack developers have officially passed their single-stream counterparts (front-end and back-end developers) to claim the fifth most desirable tech job in the world.
Dangote Academy application now open
Are you a Young Secondary School Leaver within the age of 15-24?
Are you Intelligent and Smart?
Are you Science biased and desire to pursue a career in Engineering?
Do you wish to be trained by a reputable Company while being paid a stipend?
If Your Answer is YES to the questions above,
- 5 benefits of having sex with an older man
- Never do these 5 things right after having sex
- Four arrests made as West Ham fans clash with police after Man Utd defeat
- Nigeria attracts $31.82bn from United States, five others in 33 months
- Pep Guardiola to be offered Holland job when he decides to leave Man City
BUSINESS4 hours ago
Bitcoin falls another 8% as cryptocurrencies extend steep losses
SPORTS2 hours ago
Four arrests made as West Ham fans clash with police after Man Utd defeat
SPORTS3 hours ago
Pep Guardiola to be offered Holland job when he decides to leave Man City
BUSINESS2 hours ago
Nigeria attracts $31.82bn from United States, five others in 33 months
BUSINESS3 hours ago
Airbus cancels $6bn contract with Qatar Airways after paint fight
POLITICS4 hours ago
2023: Obasanjo turns down PDP’s request
LIFESTYLES2 hours ago
Never do these 5 things right after having sex
BUSINESS3 hours ago
Wall Street caps worst week since start of coronavirus pandemic