Connect with us

NEWS

Man fed up with living in Manchester begs to be deported

Published

on

Aria

An Iranian man walked into a police station in Manchester demanding to be deported back to his home country having grown fed up of living in the city.
Arash Aria, 25, was arrested after he told officers he had stayed in the UK illegally for 10 years but was later released when immigration checks showed he had permission to reside in Britain.
The incident was described as “strange” by Greater Manchester Police (GMP), who revealed the exchange in a series of tweets from the force’s Twitter account.
Mr. Aria told the Daily Telegraph: “The people of Manchester have not been welcoming. It’s words, violence, many things.
“I try to ignore people but I’m fed up now. I don’t get the respect I should here. People are not friendly here in Manchester. When they are rude to me, I don’t like it.
“Particularly in the last year it’s got really bad. I try to be friendly and polite. But they just laugh at me because I am foreign and look at me strangely.”
Having previously worked as a waiter and barman, the 25-year-old said he is now unemployed and was hoping to return to Shiraz in south-west Iran when his expired Iranian passport is renewed.
Tweets from the GMP account said: “Male arrested earlier at our front desk when he demanded to be returned home to Iran as he has had enough of Manchester after 10 years.
“Very angry young man, who has been here illegally last 10 years, strange incident.”
Later, officers posted an update, tweeting: “Man arrested demanding deportation (fed up after 10 yrs in Manchester) may have to find own way home; was released after immigration liaison.
“Checks with the immigration enforcement team, revealed that the man had indefinite leave to stay in the country.”

 

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

NEWS

War: China, India, Tajikistan, others to send troops to Russia

Published

on

China’s People’s Liberation Army will send troops to Russia to participate in the “East-2022” drills.

The East-2022 is also called the Vostok-2022 and this was disclosed by the Chinese Ministry of Defense on Wednesday, according to CNN.

“China’s participation in the exercise is aimed at deepening practical and friendly cooperation with the armies of the participating countries,” the ministry added.

It further explained that the Asian giants’ participation would enhance the level of strategic cooperation among countries involved.

The exercise would further strengthen the ability to respond to various security threats, according to the defense ministry.

It, however, added that the exercise is unrelated to the current international and regional situation.

Other nations to join in the exercise are India, Belarus, Tajikistan, Mongolia and other countries.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Buhari approves three orthopedic hospitals in Edo, Plateau, Taraba

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of three additional orthopedic hospitals.

Health Minister, Osagie Ehanire, made the announcement on Wednesday at the inauguration of the Primary Health Care(PHC) Leadership Challenge at the State House.

The event was organised by the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) in collaboration with development partners.

Ehanire disclosed that the President approved siting of the orthopedic hospital in three regions.

“North-East has one; the North-Central has one and the South-South has one; in Benin, Jos and Jalingo respectively”, NAN quoted him saying.

Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed said N471.9 billion had been disbursed to states under the $1.5billion World Bank-Assisted States Fiscal Transparency Accountability and Sustainability (SFTAS) Programme.

She added that all the 36 states had fully domesticated the fiscal reforms in their public financial management system.

Buhari approves three orthopedic hospitals in Edo, Plateau, Taraba

Continue Reading

NEWS

BREAKING: Electricity workers call off strike

Published

on

National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has called off its nationwide strike.

The decision followed an emergency meeting with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige on Wednesday.

The minister’s spokesman Olajide Oshundun, announced that Ngige intervened in the industrial action.

NUEE Secretary General, Joe Ajaero, assured that electricity would be restored across the country tonight.

The workers shut down all Transmission Companies of Nigeria (TCN) offices earlier today.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Advertisement

Trending