“In addition, five departments will be headed by permanent secretaries. These are: the Public Service Office; the Bureau of Establishments; Political and Economic Affairs; Cabinet and Security Services and General Services. This will bring the total number of permanent secretaries in the civil service to 18.”
The 20 affected permanent secretaries are from 17 out of the 23 Local Government Areas of the state.
1. Isa Ismail Information Zaria
2. Hassan Mohammed Deputy Governor’s Office Birnin-Gwari
3. Ben Maitamaki Chieftaincy Affairs Kajuru
4. Abubakar S. Abdullahi Education Chikun
5. Ja’afar Sa’idu Works and Transport Soba
6. Joshua Gambo Garba State Pension Bureau Lere
7. Marcus H. Baba Teachers’ Service Board Chikun
8. Dr. Madinatu Shehu Science and Technology Igabi
9. Sani Aliyu Kudan Office of the Head of Service Kudan
10. Rev. Felix Musa Billy Bureau of Religious Affairs (Christian Matters) Kaura
11. Mrs. Ladi E. Pati Special Duties Kachia
12. Dennis A. Wahal Local Government Pension Kauru
13. Ahmad Abdu Zaria Environment & Natural Resources Zaria
14. Adamu D. M. Kagarko Water Resources Kagarko
15. Lawal M. Usman Protocol Dept Kaduna North
16. Ishaya Yem Parah Rural & Community Development Jaba
17. Adamu Atama Public Service Reforms Kagarko
18. Ya’u Garba Jumare SUBEB Sabon-Gari
19. Suleiman Sambo Lands and Surveys Makarfi
20. AbdurRahman Mahmoud Bureau of Religious Affairs (Islamic Matters) Kaduna South
Furthermore in the statement, the governor approved the appointment of Thomas Gyang, a plateau state indigene, as Special Adviser, Budget Monitoring and Price Intelligence Unit (BMPIU) as well Alhaji Ibrahim Muhammad Aminu, as a chairman for the state’s Local Government Service Commission.
“The appointment of Mr. Ezekiel Baba Karik as Executive Secretary of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) has also been announced. A former vice-chairman of Kaduna South Local Government, Mr. Karik was an organising secretary in the campaign organisation of APC guber aspirant, Hon. Isah Ashiru, prior to serving as special assistant to Mr. Barnabas Yusuf Bala after his emergence as the running mate to Malam El-Rufai. He holds postgraduate diplomas in management studies and business administration,” the statement concluded.