Connect with us

SPORTS

Four arrests made as West Ham fans clash with police after Man Utd defeat

Published

on

Four people have been arrested after disorder in the West Ham section of Old Trafford on Saturday afternoon.

The Hammers suffered a 1-0 defeat against Manchester United after a late Marcus Rashford goal.

Footage later surfaced showing disorder in the away end with West Ham investigating the reports of trouble.

And Greater Manchester Police confirmed to Sky Sports News that four arrests have been made, including a 33-year-old on suspicion of assaulting an emergency worker.

A 21-year-old man was also arrested on suspicion of drunk and disorderly behaviour, possession of cocaine and common assault.

A 22-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of throwing missiles and a 23-year-old man arrested on suspicion of a public order offence.

Greater Manchester Police added: “Two other men were detained and will be summonsed at a later date for football-related offences.”

West Ham felt hard done by after their narrow defeat, with some question marks over whether Rashford’s winner should have been ruled out for offside.

Speaking after the game, Hammers manager David Moyes said of the goal: ” I’ve not seen it again, by all accounts everyone seems to think it’s fine so we have to trust VAR that they’re getting decisions right.”

Discussing the game, he added: “I just see it as them having a strong squad. I didn’t think them bringing them on made it that much different,” he said.

“We defended well enough but we completely switched off, we didn’t do things you learn as a young player when trying to see games out.

“We had a good defensive organisation but we lacked what we’ve had in recent weeks, our attacking play wasn’t at the level. There was a lot of good things about it but the result is the key thing.

“I’m not coming to these games to roll over and lose, I’m really disappointed with the result but really pleased with how the players have performed.

“For long parts today I was pleased with them, defensively rather than our attacking play. We’ve moved up a level or two over the last year, I’m enjoying it but that result today was hard to take.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

SPORTS

EPL: Conte hints at Tottenham exit despite Champions League qualification

Published

on

Tottenham Hotspur manager, Antonio Conte has hinted he could still leave the club despite securing Champions League for next season.

A 5-0 win over Norwich on Sunday, ensured that Spurs finished in fourth place above rivals, Arsenal.

However, after the game at Carrow Road, Conte spoke about his “ambition” and said he needed to sit down and talk with the club’s hierarchy over their summer plans.

Conte is believed to be seeking as many as six new faces ahead of next season in an ambitious overhaul, aiming to turn Tottenham into Premier League title contenders.

The Italian tactician will sit down with chairman, Daniel Levy and managing director, Fabio Paratici in a few days to discuss their transfer strategy.

He said: “I am under contract until next summer you know very well I signed for one year and seven months. I enjoyed a lot, my time in Tottenham, because for me it was a big challenge to come in during the season,” he said.

“For a coach like me, it is not simple. It is a big challenge in a club with a fantastic stadium and a training ground and I knew the situation I could find — to give me the opportunity to work in the way I want.

“On the other hand, you know very well that I am a person who has ambition. I like to fight for something important, I like to fight to lift a trophy. For me, this is a trophy and I am very happy. And then we will see.

“I always said to you at the end of the season, we speak with the club and find the best solution for me and for the club. Now I think for me, the club, the players it is good to have three, four, five days’ rest and then the mind will be very clear. You can consider the whole season.

“You have to be very calm before speaking because now [there are] a lot of emotions in my mind, my heart. For this reason it would be very good to rest and then have a good meeting with the club to find the best possible solution.”

Continue Reading

SPORTS

Real Madrid turn attention to FIFA Best Player after failing to sign Mbappe from PSG

Published

on

Real Madrid have now turned to 2021 FIFA Best Men’s Player, Robert Lewandowski, after Kylian Mbappe’s disappointment.

Mbappe had on Saturday made his decision to remain at Paris Saint-Germain after years of intense speculation about his future amid a link to Real Madrid.

The 23-year-old’s contract was due to expire next month and Real Madrid were looking to have finally landed the France World Cup winner, but the forward made a dramatic U-turn.

However, according to Madrid Universal via Tomas Gonzalez, the LaLiga champions have turned their attention to Lewandowski, who currently plays for Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich.

Lewandowski has emerged as a possible alternative to Mbappe.

The 33-year-old is all set to enter the final 12 months of his contract with Bayern this summer.

The Polish striker has already informed Bayern Munich that he wants to leave, and Los Blancos are now ready to take him to the Santiago Bernabeu.

But Real Madrid will have to battle Barcelona and Chelsea, who are also interested in his signature.

Lewandowski has scored 50 goals this season, including 35 in the Bundesliga
for Bayern.

Continue Reading

SPORTS

Kylian Mbappe snubs Real Madrid transfer to sign new PSG mega 3 year deal of £1m per week salary

Published

on

World Cup winner and Paris Saint-Germain superstar, Kylian Mbappe has confirmed he will be signing a new contract at Parc des Princes just days after it seemed he will be joining Real Madrid.

Mbappe addressed the entirety of the Parc des Princes crowd before Paris Saint-Germain’s final home game of the Ligue 1 season against Metz on Saturday night, May 21.


The 23-year-old was handed the microphone to announce he has penned a new three-year deal with the French giants – putting an end to a move to Real Madrid. 

Real Madrid were extremely confident that they would boast the superstar within their ranks from this summer onwards once Mbappe’s original deal with PSG had expired. 

But a new bumper contract of about £1m weekly has seen the 23-year-old commit his future to the Parisians.

Addressing the crowd, Mbappe explained: “I am very happy to stay at PSG in France. I always said Paris is my home, I hope we continue to play football and win trophies together. Thanks for everything. I hope that I will continue to do what I prefer to with you all… and win titles together! Thanks a lot.”


PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi broke the news before introducing Mbappe to the crowd by declaring: “I’m proud to give you a beautiful news: Kylian Mbappé has signed until June 2025 with Paris Saint-Germain.”


Mbappe has enjoyed a stunning season individually, helping fire the club to a tenth Ligue 1 title with his phenomenal for in front of goal. The World Cup winner has the most goals and most assists of any player in the league with 25 and 17 to his name respectively in the division alone.

With his new contract, he now surpasses team mates Neymar and Lionel Messi as the highest earner in the club.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Advertisement

Trending