Qatar Airways – Welcome to a world where ambitions fly high, From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people- a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages and Doha based employees receive a range of allowances and enjoy a tax-free income.
We are recruiting to fill the below position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Ref No: QR8668
Job Function: Finance
Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
About Your Job
- As the Finance Assistant, you will be responsible for ensuring the correct and timely processing of sales reports, collections, and BSP/CASS reports in line with QR policies and Internal Accounting Procedures.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Correct monthly closing as per Head quarter’s target dates
- Ensure routine activities are processed in line with QR finance policies and IAP
- Ensuring Proper ADM/ACM and refund handling
- Ensuring receivables are collected in a timely manner
- Preparing monthly schedules and reconciliations for balance sheet ledgers
- Timely checking and posting of sales reports
- To be successful in this role, you will need a relevant Bachelor’s degree combined with a minimum of 2 years of job related accounting experience.
- 1 year of your experience should have been gained in a similar finance role with exposure to aviation expenditure and revenue accounting.
- You will need user level experience of an ERP system and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of financial accounting, contracts and local laws and regulations (such as VAT, Tax and Payroll) are required.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) is essential for this role.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Application Closing Date
3rd August, 2015
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / CV
- NOC- For Qatar Airways employees only.
- External applicants attach a blank document.
These are the top companies to work for in the UK in 2022, according to Glassdoor
Software company ServiceNow has been named as the best place to work in the U.K. in 2022, according to Glassdoor’s annual employer rankings.
ServiceNow entered the U.K. rankings for the first time this year, with employees highlighting the company’s strengths in its workplace culture, career opportunities and training, in anonymous reviews left on Glassdoor.
California-based ServiceNow is headed up by Bill McDermott, the former CEO of software solutions firm SAP.
McDermott noted that the “employee experience is really everything” amid the return to work, speaking on CNBC’s “TechCheck” in August, on the back of ServiceNow’s acquisition of indoor mapping and wayfinding company Mapwize.
“There’s a war for talent out there … the companies that are early adopters to these technologies [will] win and the one’s that don’t will lose a lot of people,” McDermott said.
Global jobs website Glassdoor compiled the rankings by looking at companies that had received at least 30 ratings across nine attributes, including an overall score from an employee, as well as factors such as work-life balance, compensation and benefits, and whether staff would recommend their employer to a friend.
I.T. consultancy AND Digital came in second place on Glassdoor’s 2022 list and was also a newcomer in the rankings.
Jill Cotton, career trends analyst at Glassdoor, told CNBC via email that this year’s rankings had seen a number of new entrants partly because the coronavirus pandemic had “turned the business world upside down but this gave companies the opportunity to embrace change, rip up the corporate rulebook and put their people first.”
Cloud-based software firm Salesforce, which topped the rankings last year, dropped down to third place on the 2022 list.
Cotton said that technology companies dominated the rankings because they were “well-equipped to adapt during the pandemic.”
In addition, she said that the pandemic had forced many businesses to speed up their adoption of technology.
“This growing importance means that now all businesses need to be a tech company of sorts,” Cotton added.
Immediate Media Company, a special interest content and platform company, and Abcam, a supplier of protein research tools, rounded out the top five companies on Glassdoor’s list. Here’s the full rundown of the U.K.’s best employers.
The U.K.’s top 10 employers for 2022
Immediate Media Company
McKinsey & Company
The top 5 most in demand tech-jobs in 2022
WITH the high unemployment rate in Mzansi, if you are looking to study further you will need to weigh your options when you choose your career path.
If you will be starting with your studies, it’s important to know if you will be employable or will be able to use your skills to make an income for yourself.
It’s no secret that a lot is changing as technology advances and the world is transforming. So if you are looking to be employable this is the industry to get in to.
According to IOL Riaz Moola, CEO at HyperionDev, with the rapid digitisation of almost all aspects of our lives, tech-based careers offer the students of today lucrative opportunities for tomorrow.
According to Moola, these are the top 5 most in-demand tech careers in 2022.
1. Java developer – average annual salary according to Payscale: R375 315.
A Java developer uses the Java language to create high-functioning web applications, software and programmes.
2. Software engineer
Software engineers are generalised developers, making all kinds of software suitable to the business’s needs. Some of the responsibilities of a software engineer are to analyse user requirements, write and test code, refine and rewrite it as necessary, and communicate with any programmers involved in the project.
3. Data scientist/data engineer
“Data is the internet’s new gold rush, which is why companies want to understand their core data and key customer insights to unlock more efficient systems and bigger profits,” says Moola.
“Data scientists and data engineers are the answer to that better business.”
4. Enterprise architect
The career of an enterprise architect is one of the best tech jobs in the world because it combines staggeringly high pay and substantial job opportunities and security.
5. Full-stack web developer
Full-stack developers have officially passed their single-stream counterparts (front-end and back-end developers) to claim the fifth most desirable tech job in the world.
Dangote Academy application now open
Are you a Young Secondary School Leaver within the age of 15-24?
Are you Intelligent and Smart?
Are you Science biased and desire to pursue a career in Engineering?
Do you wish to be trained by a reputable Company while being paid a stipend?
If Your Answer is YES to the questions above,
- New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern cancels her wedding amid new Omicron restrictions
- SERAP drags Nigerian government to ECOWAS Court over undisclosed loans spending
- COVID-19: Nigeria records 29 fresh infections, lowest in two months
- Dangote’s wealth surges by $1.3 Billion in three weeks, nears Senegal’s GDP
- Herdsmen from Libya, Mali, others still killing people in Benue- Governor Ortom
LIFESTYLES11 hours ago
Never do these 5 things right after having sex
LIFESTYLES11 hours ago
5 benefits of having sex with an older man
NEWS9 hours ago
Herdsmen from Libya, Mali, others still killing people in Benue- Governor Ortom
BUSINESS13 hours ago
Bitcoin falls another 8% as cryptocurrencies extend steep losses
NEWS9 hours ago
Dangote’s wealth surges by $1.3 Billion in three weeks, nears Senegal’s GDP
BUSINESS12 hours ago
Nigeria attracts $31.82bn from United States, five others in 33 months
SPORTS11 hours ago
Four arrests made as West Ham fans clash with police after Man Utd defeat
BUSINESS12 hours ago
Airbus cancels $6bn contract with Qatar Airways after paint fight