Connect with us

SPORTS

EPL: Manchester United boast as their next manager wins third Dutch title

Published

on

Manchester United have complimented their next manager, Erik ten Hag, hailing his achievements at Ajax in his near-five years in charge.

Ajax won the Eredivisie title on Wednesday after beating Heerenveen 5-0, making it Ten Hag’s third league title as Ajax boss.

Reacting, Manchester United via a statement on their official website, gave a breakdown of the Dutchman’s achievements at Ajax and congratulated him.

“Our future manager Erik ten Hag won his third Eredivisie title with Ajax on Wednesday evening,” United said.

“Ten Hag has a reputation as an attack-minded manager and that has certainly been evident with his side this term. Ajax have an impressive goal difference of 79, having scored 96 goals in the league so far.

“Perhaps even more impressive is the defensive resilience of Ten Hag’s team. In 33 matches, Ajax have conceded a mere 17 goals, 15 fewer than the next nearest team.

“Off the back of the Dutchman’s latest success, we look forward to welcoming Ten Hag to Old Trafford next season. Congratulations, Erik!”

Meanwhile, having failed to qualify for the Champions League, Manchester United are now in the chase for Europa League place next season.

The Red Devils are currently sixth in the league table, but will have to win their remaining two matches to stand any chance of playing in the Europa League or they could have their first ever experience in the UEFA Europa Conference League.

With the Red Devils having struggled all season, Ten Hag is expected to come in and turn things around at Old Trafford and return the Theatre of Dreams to its past glory.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

SPORTS

Kylian Mbappe snubs Real Madrid transfer to sign new PSG mega 3 year deal of £1m per week salary

Published

on

World Cup winner and Paris Saint-Germain superstar, Kylian Mbappe has confirmed he will be signing a new contract at Parc des Princes just days after it seemed he will be joining Real Madrid.

Mbappe addressed the entirety of the Parc des Princes crowd before Paris Saint-Germain’s final home game of the Ligue 1 season against Metz on Saturday night, May 21.


The 23-year-old was handed the microphone to announce he has penned a new three-year deal with the French giants – putting an end to a move to Real Madrid. 

Real Madrid were extremely confident that they would boast the superstar within their ranks from this summer onwards once Mbappe’s original deal with PSG had expired. 

But a new bumper contract of about £1m weekly has seen the 23-year-old commit his future to the Parisians.

Addressing the crowd, Mbappe explained: “I am very happy to stay at PSG in France. I always said Paris is my home, I hope we continue to play football and win trophies together. Thanks for everything. I hope that I will continue to do what I prefer to with you all… and win titles together! Thanks a lot.”


PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi broke the news before introducing Mbappe to the crowd by declaring: “I’m proud to give you a beautiful news: Kylian Mbappé has signed until June 2025 with Paris Saint-Germain.”


Mbappe has enjoyed a stunning season individually, helping fire the club to a tenth Ligue 1 title with his phenomenal for in front of goal. The World Cup winner has the most goals and most assists of any player in the league with 25 and 17 to his name respectively in the division alone.

With his new contract, he now surpasses team mates Neymar and Lionel Messi as the highest earner in the club.

Continue Reading

SPORTS

Juventus give Arsenal three players in exchange deal for Giorgio Chiellini’s replacement

Published

on

Juventus are so desperate to land defender, Gabriel Magalhaes this summer and will offer Arsenal three players, according to Corriere dello Sport.

The Old Lady have identified Gabriel as a possible successor to Giorgio Chiellini, who will leave Turin this summer, and are keen to reach a quick agreement with Arsenal.

It is understood that the three players Juventus will offer Arsenal to force the deal for their 24-year-old centre-back are Arthur Melo, Weston McKennie and Moise Kean.

The report added that Juventus sporting director Federico Cherubini has travelled to London for talks with Arsenal over a deal for Gabriel.

Juventus are in the market to replace Chiellini, who is leaving the Serie A giants this summer after 17 years.

However, it’s claimed that Arsenal are demanding at least £42.4million for Gabriel.

Gabriel joined the Gunners from Lille in a £27million deal in 2020.

Continue Reading

SPORTS

EPL: Man Utd warn Barcelona over De Jong transfer

Published

on

Manchester United have made it clear to Barcelona, they will not meet their £70 million asking price for Frenkie De Jong, according to Daily Mail.

The Premier League side are keen on signing De Jong, as Paul Pogba is set to leave on a free transfer this summer.

The Barca midfielder has already been identified by incoming manager, Erik Ten Hag, as a potential option having already managed him at Ajax.

Barcelona are open to a deal, as they are also seeking funds to put together a deal for Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.

However, United have informed the LaLiga club that they do not want to spend a significant part of their summer budget on signing De Jong.

Barca are looking to recoup the £65 million they spent on signing the 25-year-old from Ajax in 2019.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Advertisement

Trending