The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Ekiti State has reminded Governor Ayodele Fayose of the need to declare his assets.
The party stated this as a reminder 10 months after its earlier call on the governor to follow the example of his predecessor, Governor Kayode Fayemi, who publicly declared his assets to the applause of Ekiti people.
Taiwo Olatunbosun, Publicity Secretary, APC Ekiti State, in a statement, said that the call became imperative against the background of earlier calls for the governor to declare his assets, failure of which had fueled speculations that state resources were allegedly being channeled towards private enterprises outside the state by the governor.
“The governor must seize the opportunity of declaring his assets to douse speculations of his alleged funneling of the state resources to his private enterprises abroad.
“It is curious that he has not abused President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo after they declared their assets. Fayose’s loud silence on the President in this case is curious because the governor has never seen anything good in whatever the President does,” Olatunbosun said.
Tasking the governor to act now to restore confidence in Ekiti people for accountable governance, he said open declaration of assets would shame the critics of the governor who always accused the governor of alleged funds diversion to private use.
“We are worried by the unconfirmed reports of primitive acquisitions by the governor who allegedly own properties in Ghana, Dubai, South Africa, Abuja, Ibadan and Banana Islands and Magodo in Lagos which were believed to have been acquired in the last nine months after he assumed office.
“Our party is aware that Fayose had no visible means of income prior to October 16, 2014 when he became governor and the properties he owned in Ibadan and Lagos are subjects of litigation by the EFCC, which is probing the governor for misappropriation and diversion of N1.3b poultry project cash to personal use in 2005,” Olatunbosun said.
He said current allegations of funds diversion gained currency on the heels of Fayose’s frequent trips to Dubai and South Africa “whenever he receives Ekiti State’s allocations from Abuja”.
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour emerges Labour Party guber candidate in Lagos￼
Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour has emerged as Labour Party guber candidate in Lagos.
He polled 111 votes to defeat his opponent Mashood Salvador in the just concluded Labour Party substitution primary on Wednesday.
Mr Salvador could only muster 102 votes.
Mr Rhodes, 39, left the Peoples Democratic Party last month to join the Labour Party to fulfil him ambition of running for the governorship of Lagos State.
Football transfer expert, Fabrizio Romano, tweeted on Thursday morning: “Chelsea are working on many different deals. Talks on with intermediaries of Wesley Fofana deal, after two bids rejected; Pierre Aubameyang discussed as option since last week but no proposal to Barça yet.
“New bid expected soon for Inter’s 2003 born talent Cesare Casadei.”
Mr Salvador, his competitor had also defected the All Progressive Congress, APC last month as well.
Meanwhile, former state party chairman, Ifagbemi Awamaridi who had initially won the gubernatorial ticket of the party when the primaries were held months ago vowed to not let go of his ticket since he is recognised by the INEC as the flag bearer.
Labour Party hierarchy however insists Mr Awamaridi was just a placeholder who had withdrawn from the party’s candidature via a letter.
Sen. Dariye may pick Labour Party nomination form after prison release
A former governor of Plateau State, Senator Joshua Dariye may declare interest to contest the Plateau Central senatorial seat on the platform of the Labour Party (LP).
Dariye; former Taraba governor, Jolly Nyame, and three others were, on Monday released from prison three months after their pardon by the Council of State led by President Muhammadu Buhari, on April 14, 2022.
Dariye, who was serving 10 years’ imprisonment for N1.126 billion fraud, was released after about four years in prison.
It was gathered from credible sources that the Plateau State chapter of LP has concluded arrangements to receive the former Plateau governor from Abuja to pick the party’s senatorial form.
Dariye, who served as Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor, defected from the party. He contested and won a senatorial seat in 2011 on the platform of LP.
A Labour Party official, who preferred not to be named, said: “Yes, it is true that he (Dariye) will be running for a Senate seat. We are making arrangements for him to come from Abuja for the senatorial declaration.”
The source said Dariye would spring surprises at the polls because he remained loved by many in the state.
The party official said that Dariye was “still very popular and relevant in Plateau Central in spite of his ordeals.
Dariye’s homecoming, the source said, has also given a boost to the governorship bid of the party’s governorship candidate, Patrick Dakum, who defected to the Labour Party, after failing to secure the ticket of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
Call your supporters to order, Tinubu tells Obi
The Tinubu Campaign Organisation has appealed to the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi to call his supporters to order and to allow this election circle to be about issues that will advance the growth, progress and stability of Nigeria.
In a statement by its Director of Media and Communications, Mr Bayo Onanuga, the TCO admonished the Labour Party presidential candidate to get his supporters to desist from spreading lies, malice and denigrating other candidates, especially Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
TCO further states that Nigeria will be better for it and the electoral process will be enriched if the 2023 presidential campaign sticks to issues of good governance that will lift millions of Nigerians out of poverty rather than being dominated by the ravings of guttersnipes, who do not wish the country well.
Mr. Onanuga noted that the Tinubu Campaign Organisation saw the need to appeal to Mr. Obi to rein in his supporters after investigating the origin of the fake report claiming that the Ghanaian President, Nana Akufo-Addo wrote a letter to the All Progressives Congress Presidential Candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, asking him to support Peter Obi and take care of his health.
President of Ghana via his official Twitter account has vehemently debunked the fake news as a product of deliberate mischief with the intent to deceive the public.
“I have written no such letter to the APC leader, and it will not occur to me to do so. Ghana and Nigeria boast of decades of cordial, strong and brotherly relations, and I am not going to be the one to interfere in the internal affairs and politics of Nigeria,” said President of Ghana via Twitter.
“We have found that the fake news about Akufo-Addo’s letter was first published on June 22 by a rogue platform, whose url reads as worlsnews.space (sic) and site identity as World of News.
“A content analysis of the site clearly showed that it is a Biafra news platform. The fake news was reposted on Facebook by Peter Obi Support Group, same day – a clear proof that Biafra campaigners and Peter Obi supporters are the same.
“Both the Facebook account and the website are replete with fake stories about Bola Tinubu, including a fake story credited to former governor Akinwunmi Ambode, alleging that Tinubu demanded N50billion monthly payment from him. The spuriousness of the statement is in the evidence that Lagos did not begin to clock N50billion revenue until after Ambode left office. Tinubu could not have demanded N50billion monthly payment from Ambode when the state government didn’t make such in a month throughout the tenure of Mr. Ambode.
“The pirate website, which the Facebook account feeds on also parades malicious fake news and headlines such as “ I am old, but my blood is young, please vote for me – Tinubu begs youth” .
“There is also the most wicked of all headlines: When I became president, I will Build more prison (sic) for Igbo’s and IPOB members – Tinubu”.
“The big surprise in all of these is that all the headlines have no supporting stories, and clicking them may bring virus to your computer.
“We have come to a point where it becomes imperative to tell Mr. Obi to show leadership and disavow his supporters who are employing fake news and disinformation as deliberate tools to deceive and poison the minds of unsuspecting Nigerians,” Mr. Onanuga reiterated.
- Aguero warns Guardiola against selling Man City star
- Transfer: De Jong receives new offer as Chelsea confirm deal for 28-year-old defender
- Madonna reveals the on-stage moment that almost killed her career
- A$AP Rocky sued for assault, battery by ex ‘mob mate’ A$AP Relli who claims rapper fired ‘shots’ at him
- Elon Musk says Twitter hiding key witnesses in bot battle
NEWS20 hours ago
Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Pope not against my appointment as DG of Tinubu’s campaign – Lalong
NEWS2 days ago
Some people mocked me when I lost my son – Adeboye
POLITICS2 days ago
VP Slot: Alleged plot to suspend Adamawa senator, Ishaku Abbo from APC thickens
POLITICS2 days ago
Call your supporters to order, Tinubu tells Obi
NEWS2 days ago
Vice-chancellors beg FG to resolve issues with ASUU
SPORTS2 days ago
Chelsea to submit third offer for Fofana
NEWS2 days ago
Islamic Police, Hisbah officials shave hair of secondary school pupils in Kano for being ‘unIslamic’
ENTERTAINMENT2 days ago
BBNaija: Beauty apologizes to fans, makes promises