Connect with us

NEWS

Amaechi threatens Wike, attacks panel

Published

on

amaechi

Immediate past governor of Rivers State, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Amaechi, in Port Harcourt on Saturday threatened to expose the governor of the state, Nyesome Wike, whom he said was also corrupt.

Amaechi, while addressing All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state also declared that he would never appear before the Panel of Inquiry set up by the state government, insisting that the establishment of the commission did not comply with constitutional provisions.

He, however, stated, that he will appear before any properly constituted commission in the state.

Amaechi said he has in his possession, which clearly revealed that the governor was allegedly a contractor under the last administration.

He said, “I have been listening while in Abuja to Nyesom Wike accusing me of corruption and I laugh. Even Nyesom Wike knows that I don’t like money, he knows that”, he stated.

“The pressure Wike is putting on us is to let somebody call us together to a meeting to withdraw our case challenging his election from court..

The party has a right to go to court. The law of Nigeria says there is no independent candidate. Even if I, Amaechi, Peterside withdraw, APC will carry on with the case.

“The funny thing about the young man is that he knows I know him. I was his governor, I have documents to show that he is a contractor. I am not a thief; so I don’t know what this young man is talking about.”

The former governor said he had had only one local bank account since he became governor.
According to him, he never handled any contract while he was governor.

The former governor, who accused INEC, SSS, Army and militants of conniving to rob the APC of victory in the last gubernatorial election in the state, said he and his party will continue to fight until they get justice from the court.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

NEWS

War: China, India, Tajikistan, others to send troops to Russia

Published

on

China’s People’s Liberation Army will send troops to Russia to participate in the “East-2022” drills.

The East-2022 is also called the Vostok-2022 and this was disclosed by the Chinese Ministry of Defense on Wednesday, according to CNN.

“China’s participation in the exercise is aimed at deepening practical and friendly cooperation with the armies of the participating countries,” the ministry added.

It further explained that the Asian giants’ participation would enhance the level of strategic cooperation among countries involved.

The exercise would further strengthen the ability to respond to various security threats, according to the defense ministry.

It, however, added that the exercise is unrelated to the current international and regional situation.

Other nations to join in the exercise are India, Belarus, Tajikistan, Mongolia and other countries.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Buhari approves three orthopedic hospitals in Edo, Plateau, Taraba

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of three additional orthopedic hospitals.

Health Minister, Osagie Ehanire, made the announcement on Wednesday at the inauguration of the Primary Health Care(PHC) Leadership Challenge at the State House.

The event was organised by the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF) in collaboration with development partners.

Ehanire disclosed that the President approved siting of the orthopedic hospital in three regions.

“North-East has one; the North-Central has one and the South-South has one; in Benin, Jos and Jalingo respectively”, NAN quoted him saying.

Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed said N471.9 billion had been disbursed to states under the $1.5billion World Bank-Assisted States Fiscal Transparency Accountability and Sustainability (SFTAS) Programme.

She added that all the 36 states had fully domesticated the fiscal reforms in their public financial management system.

Buhari approves three orthopedic hospitals in Edo, Plateau, Taraba

Continue Reading

NEWS

BREAKING: Electricity workers call off strike

Published

on

National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has called off its nationwide strike.

The decision followed an emergency meeting with the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige on Wednesday.

The minister’s spokesman Olajide Oshundun, announced that Ngige intervened in the industrial action.

NUEE Secretary General, Joe Ajaero, assured that electricity would be restored across the country tonight.

The workers shut down all Transmission Companies of Nigeria (TCN) offices earlier today.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

Latest News

Advertisement

Trending