Five Nigerian pastor have made it to the list of top 20 richest pastors in the world and their estimated net worth.
Pastor E.A Adeboye is General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God.
1. Edir Macedo is a Brazilian pastor and preacher worth $1.1 billion. Macedo is the founder of Universal Church of the Kingdom of God. He is also the founder of Grupo Record and Record News. Macedo is the richest pastor in the world.
2. Kenneth Copeland is the founder and owner of Kenneth Copeland Ministries. His church is located on a 1,500 acre campus and the property has loads of structures. He has a net worth of $760 million.
3. Pat Robertson’s net worth is $500 million. Pat Robertson is an executive chairman, media tycoon, and a Southern Baptist minister. Robertson has amassed this wealth from setting up many corporations and organizations, and a University too. The International Family Entertainment Inc. (ABC Family Channel), the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), the American Center for Law & Justice (ACLJ, the Christian Coalition, Regent University, Operation Blessing International Relief and Development Corporation, a Boeing 757 Flying Hospital, and CBN Asia were founded by Pat Robertson.
4. George Foreman is a former professional boxer who is worth $250 million. He is a preacher at the The Church of Lord Jesus Christ in Houston. Recently, he released a book entitled God in My Corner: A Spiritual Memoir.
5. Bishop David Oyedepo is a Nigerian preacher. He is the founder of Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota; Living Faith Church Worldwide A.K.A Winners Chapel International World Headquarter. Oyedepo has two universities – Landmark and Convenant University. He is worth $150 million. He is the richest pastor in Nigeria and Africa.
6. Pastor E.A Adeboye is General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God. He is worth $130 million. He has exotic lifestyle like many other rich Nigerian pastors. His net worth is $130 million
7. Bishop Ayodele Oritsejafor is one of the richest pastors in Nigeria. He is also worth $120 million he has investment in banking, real estate, transportation and also media.
8. Prophet Uebert Angel is the founder of the Spirit Embassy Church. He is very popular and associates with both the less privilege and widows in his country. He is rumored to be worth $60 million.
9. Chris Oyakhilome is the founder of Christ Embassy and his church boast of up to 40,000 membership. He is worth up to $50 million. Many of his church members are politicians and entrepreneurs.
10. Benny Hinn runs a program tiled Miracle Crusade and the programs are usually held in big stadiums. He is worth up to $42 million.
11. Joel Osteen is a pastor, televangelist and has also written a number of Christian books. The name of his church is Lakewood church Houston Texas. His net worth is $40 million.
12. Pastor Tshifinwa Irene is Divine Truth World Restoration Services for World peace by Jesus Christ. She is a televangelist and her church is situated in Venda.
13. Creflo Dollar is a pastor and a teacher of the Word of God. Name of his church is World Changers Church International. He is a popular pastor in the United States and he is worth up to $27 million.
14. Pastor Ray Macaulay is based in South Africa. The name of his church is Rhema Bible Church. He received his training in 1979 and he started his church afterwards with his family.
15. Billy Graham is a very popular televangelist and preaches on many radio and television stations. His net worth is $25 million.
16. Rick Warren is the founder of Saddleback Church Lake Forest California. He is worth $25 million.
17. Bishop T.D. Jakes is worth $18 million. He produces movie and he is a preacher and a writer. His house costs up to $1,700,000.
19. Prophet T.B. Joshua is among the most controversial pastors in Nigeria and he is a philanthropist. The name of his church is Synagogue Church of All Nations. He is worth up to $15 million.
20. Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo is the founder of Kingsway International Christian Center located in the United Kingdom. He is worth over $10 million.
20. Juanita Bynum is an American televangelist, author, singer and actress. She is worth $10 million.
20. Chris Okotie was a pop star before switching to preaching as a pastor. His hit song ‘Show Me Your Backside’ was popular in the 80s. The name of his church is Household of God Church. He is worth $10 million.
Traditional court fines Robert Mugabe’s widow Grace five cows and two goats for ‘improperly’ burying her husband
The widow of former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe has reportedly been fined five cows and two goats for ‘improperly’ burying her husband after he passed away.
A traditional court met on Thursday morning in the absence of Grace Mugabe, to reach their decision, a source close to the family said.
The former first lady, known as Gucci Grace because of her lavish spending lifestyle, is accused of burying her husband, who died in 2019 at the age of 95, in the courtyard of his home in Kutama.
Chief Zvimba, born Stanley Mhondoro, said Mugabe was supposed to be buried in a place chosen by his mother or immediate family. He then called for the body to be exhumed and reburied according to custom.
At the time of Mugabe’s death, there was a dispute between Grace Mugabe and President Emmerson Mnangagwa over where Robert should be buried.
Mnangagwa wanted Mugabe to be interred in the National Heroes Acre burial ground and national monument near Harare. While Grace wanted her husband to be buried in his hometown, away from the capital city.
Robert Mugabe, who ruled Zimbabwe for 37 years had a strong grudge against his former vice president Mnangagwa, who was placed in charge of the country after Mugabe was forced to resign in November 2017.
I was number one in class: Eight lies parents told you when you were a kid
Being a parent is a tough, but enjoyable lifetime experience. A mother will always be quick to throw in a creative, well-placed lie to either keep a child in check or avoid a question she would rather not answer – questions like where do babies come from or why is Uncle Ben’s tummy so big, could he be pregnant? Mothers are brilliant at deception. That’s why they can easily manage children.
Here are 8 lies parents, over the decades, have dished out to their children:
- Cartoons sleep at night
Kids love cartoons. Sometimes, getting them to sleep at night is impossible when a favourite a cartoon programme is on. So, a mother tells them that cartoons characters also sleep.
- The chicken wants to be eaten
Lying to a child could be necessary if the little one is to feast on meat. So, a mother would say that chickens always want to be eaten as it gives them joy to be chosen as food. So, toto, here’s some chicken wings, go ahead make the kuku happy! That prevents kids from breaking down into tears if they really liked the kuku when it was alive! To make them eat cabbages, a mother would say without batting an eyelid that, “Eat the mboga my son, when it gets to the stomach, it will turn into meat!”
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest developments and special offers!
- You have 10,000 words a month
You have only 10,000 words to use per month is the perfect ‘weapon’ to silence talkative kids who yap beyond their “monthly quota,’ especially kama kuna wageni (if there are visitors) to whom they might reveal the family secret with an embarrassing question like, “Mummy mbona daddy ali kuchapa jana?”
- Kids are bought from supermarkets
Kids always ask where their week-old sibling has come from: God, soko, tumepewa na aunt Julia and the supermarket are good answers to shut them up.
- Kissing will give you worms
This only works for a couple of years until the little brats grow into teenagers and discover that doing with the lips what the hands do has its pleasures.
- Mum and dad play at night
Mum, who really had a helluva hell of a time last night, would explain to the inquisitive toto that, “Those funny noises you heard coming from our bedroom last night were just mummy and daddy playing.” And in a way she might not be lying. Really!
- I was number one in class
All parents used to perform extremely well in school. They will then add, “Sijui hii number last yako umetoka nayo wapi, hii sio damu yetu!”
She wants to sleep with you if she says any of these
A man who’ll never be invited to the world of secret love making is the drunkard. If you regularly get drunk then trash talk people, male or female, forget about being called to the side and offered secret love making because you my friend is a risky investment, sounds funny right? But it’s true.
On the other hand, If you’re sober and women
consider you a potential Secret Lover; they will drop you hints.
Everytime you hear women say the following just know its a compliment and they see you as a prospective cheat partner.
“You’re so quiet” or “why are you so quiet?”
“You don’t have many friends do you?”(of which you agree with “I do my things alone”, or “I don’t want people judging me” if she asks why you’ll be judged tell her you sometimes do crazy things)
“You look like a good guy” (of which you should disagree with “if only you knew”, or something like that)
If you seduce a committed woman or just any taken woman, she’ll tell you “It’s wrong”. Your job is not to convince her it’s not wrong. Yours is to convince her NO ONE WILL FIND OUT. To women, to be good = to appear good. Women are creatures of appearance.
How people perceive a woman is how she perceives herself. If she can do the most debased stuff and people still think she’s pure then she’s pure. You capitalize on her nature by always saying “No one has to know”.
It may appear to cheesy, but Always repeat such slogans like “A gentleman never kiss and tells” and “Stolen sweets are best” etc.
- Fire guts documents, furniture, others at Nigerian National Assembly
- 2022 World Cup: FIFA announces new date for kick off
- PDP Crisis: Dele Momodu warns Wike to apply brakes before it’s too late
- El-Rufai writes Buhari, says terrorists creating ‘parallel’ govt in Kaduna
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Catholics want Lalong suspended