The reconciliatory visit of President Goodluck Jonathan was a tensed one as former president, Olusegun Obasanjo put him on the hot seat in his Hilltop residence in Abeokuta on Monday, according to Leadership Newspapers.
Flanked by the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye and the founder of Living Faith Church, Bishop David Oyedepo, who were there as witnesses to the meeting on request of the Egba chief, asked him questions which he had earlier thrown up in his correspondence to Jonathan.
Questions from Obasanjo mother of all meetings with Jonathan include the five highlighted below.
The former president asked him to confirm if he did not agree to only run for one term, his slow action to tackling the Boko Haram menace when it was just budding despite warning, why he gave licence to Tompolo and Asari Dokubo to import arms under the names of their private companies and other issues.
He queried, “Tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,
(1) Did you agree to run for only one term or not?
(2) What did you tell me was your reason for not going after Boko Haram insurgents even when I told you this will boomerang?
(3) What happened to Nigeria’s external reserve and Sovereign Wealth Fund?
(4) Did you give licence to Niger Delta militants (Dokubo and Tompolo) to import arms in the name of their privately owned companies? If so, for what reason?
5) Did you not get correspondence from the United States consulate that a certain citizen named Buruji Kashamu is indicted for drug trafficking? Why did you appoint the same Kashamu as South West leader of PDP rather than hand him over to the US? And did the PDP give automatic Senate ticket to a wanted and convicted drug baron