Executive Pastry Chef – IC
As Executive Pastry Chef , you will Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Pastry Kitchen, communicate objectives, and assign/schedule work. Develop, test and cost our new recipes and menu items for the Pastry Shop/Bakery. You will oversee and participate in the preparation of, and check and approve, all food items prepared in the pastry shop and bakery. Regularly inspection of the quality and quantity of pastry, croissants, breads and other bakery goods for the buffets and for all outside orders.
In return we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include uniform and free meals on duty. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
So what’s your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
- 2 years experience as Pastry Chef
- English Speaking fluent
- Proven culinary education
- Proven tracking record working in Pastry Kitchen and previous experience as Pastry Chef
- 5 Star Hotel Experience in international branded hotel
- Hands on approach
- Excellent Team player
- Able to work with multicultural environment at the Hotel
- Independent Working
- Self motivated
- Flexible open minded
- Able to work under pressure
- Strong in Training and development
- Strong knowledge and able to train in sugar art work
- Strong knowledge and able to train in Chocolate art work
Executive Sous Chef – IC
Duties and responsibilities.
Essentially, the sous chef is responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice. The sous chef may also need to effectively discipline underperforming staff members, as well as provide incentives for staff members to go above and beyond the expectations of their particular chef roles.
Outside of the kitchen, the sous chef may be responsible for staff scheduling and, depending on the establishment, may even have a hand in apprenticeship development schemes as well. A large portion of a sous chef’s duties, however, are administrative, sometimes taking up to a quarter of his or her work hours.
- Good Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Fluent English
Health Club Manager
As Health Club Manager you will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of all recreational facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate the delivery of all recreational guest services.
- Responsible for the safety of all guest services.
- Manage all staff in this department.
- Manage the sale and promotion of departmental products and services.
- Access sales and marketing data.
- Assist with the development of new products and services.
- Assist with the evaluation of sales and marketing activities.
- Anticipate economic business level fluctuations and makes action plans.
- Comply with all Hotel and corporate guidelines.
- Deliver high quality service to guests.
- Adhere to departmental cleaning and maintenance programs.
- Attend and input at management meetings as required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as Health Club Manager
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral with proficiency in English
- Monitor stock of kitchen supplies and food.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served.
- Maintain kitchen logs for food safety program compliance.
- Support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
- Must have at least ten years of experience in traditional regional Italian cuisine
- Should have minimum experience of hotel system in 5 stars international hotels.
- Good attitude
- Proactive and reliable
- Self motivated chef
- Team work and passionate chef
- Be able to work and train and develop a team
- Good communication skill in English (verbal and written)
Under the general guidance and direction of the Resident Manager and or his delegate and within the limits of the established InterContinental Hotels Group policies and procedures, the Fitness Manager’s tasks are through promoting team work in the department, be able to deliver a clean hygienic, comfortable and safe facility to the clients and ensure the Fitness Centre is competitive and profitable facility
Through delivery of a professional and customer focused service and be able to realise profits at minimum costs.
Promotes the desired work culture around our five Winning Ways of the InterContinental Hotels Group and the brand ethos.
Housekeeping, Laundry, Engineering, Front Office, Accounts and Human Resources/ Training Department etc., liaise with key departments.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain teamwork through staff motivation and good leadership skills.
- Controls costs.
- Advises the company on any improvements, sales and marketing drives and staffing matters.
- Ensures all clients in the fitness are able to use equipment safely and effectively.
- Receives, greets and welcomes all clients/guests.
- Carries out departmental orientation and training Fitness Centre staff to the required standards.
- Ensures all clients are made aware of the different Fitness Centre facilities offered.
- Maintains a safe hygienic environment.
- Compiles and submits daily and monthly revenue analyses to the Resident Manager.
- Monitors the testing and follow-up of the pool and Jacuzzi chemical level.
- Develops departmental budget and KPOs.
- Develops and implements departmental marketing and promotional plans.
- Ensures optimum levels in service, treatment, guest satisfaction, merchandise and marketing.
- Analyses and controls operating costs i.e. chemicals, towels, soap, lotion etc. and maintain quality.
- Performs Fitness Centre departmental induction, performance reviews and coaching.
- Responsible for ongoing fitness training, assessment and motivation of Fitness Centre members.
- Performs administrative duties such as attendance records, duty roosters, sales records and membership records.
- Performs any other related duties or projects as requested by management.
- Human Resource Responsibilities (for those with subordinates)
- Works with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Plans for future staffing needs
- Assists in recruiting in line with company guidelines
- Prepares detailed induction program for new staff
- Maintains comprehensive, current and guest focused set of departmental standards and procedures and oversees their implementation
- Ensures training needs analysis of Fitness Centre staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance
- Regularly communicates with staff and maintains good relations
- Comply with hotel rules and regulations and provisions contained in the employment handbook.
- Comply with company grooming and uniform standards.
- Comply with timekeeping and attendance policies.
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self development.
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards to include:-
- Being attentive to guests.
- Accurately and promptly meets gust expectations.
- Understand and anticipate guest needs.
- Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
- Be able to promote the hotel (and InterContinental Hotels Group generally) products and services.
- Comply with the company corporate code of conduct at all times.
- Familiarise yourself with the company vision and values which link to the model of desired behaviours that all employees are expected to display.
- Perform other tasks at the level of the role as directed by your line manager in pursuit of the achievement of business KPOs.
- Have the desire and ability to improve your knowledge and abilities through on-going training.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures and countries.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.