Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu has emerged as Peoples Democratic party flag-bearer for the September 10, 2016 gubernatorial election in Edo state.
Here are 10 things we know about the PDP Governorship candidate for Edo state.
– Osagie Ize-Iyamu was born in Benin City on the 21 June 1962 to late Chief R.O. Ize-Iyamu (Esogban of Benin) and late Mrs Magdalene Ize-Iyamu nee Obasohan. He is from Iguododo, Orhionmwon, Edo State, Nigeria.
– He attended St. Joseph Primary School and Ebenezer Nursery and Primary School in Benin City. He had his Secondary education at Edo College the premier secondary school in Edo State and passed out with grade I in his West African Examination Council (WAEC) examinations. He attended the University of Benin where he graduated with an LLB (Hons) and proceeded to the Nigerian Law School, Lagos where he bagged the Bachelor of Law (BL).
– Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu is a Nigerian politician, Pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God and former Chief of Staff and Secretary to Edo State Government.
He was once a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC)
– He was also the National Vice Chairman, South-South Zone of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN).
– He was the Director General of Adams Oshiomhole’s 2nd term Campaign Organisation.
– He was also the Coordinator of Goodluck/Sambo Campaign Organisation.
– Chairman of Oredo Local Government Council, Benin City, in 1983, under the zero party system.
– He showcased his sagacity in management and entrepreneurial spirit when he set up the magnificent I.O Farms Training Institute- a model farm settlement at Ugbor-Amagba communities, Benin City, Edo State. The institute has churned out hundreds of young agriculturist.
– He was recently honoured by the Benson Idahosa University with an honorary doctorate degree in Public Administration.